Monday, February 24, 2014

Crater Lake!!- Snow-shoeing!!!

This past Monday we went to Crater Lake and went snow-shoeing!! First time ever for me to be able to do something like this in the snow...like TONS OF SNOW!!!!

Anyways, started off great because we had all the sisters in the Klamath Falls Zone ( yeah k-Falls...woohooo) go on this trip with wonderful members who were willing to take us. As we left Klamath falls making our way to the lake the weather was nice and sunny...till we got further in where the clouds started gathering and it started to show snow country. Going and going till we reached the top and this was what it looked like on the road

Oh man!!! I got so excited because I've never seen snow as much as I saw that day. Going up it was really neat seeing all this wonderful things. Then we got to the top and started changing and there was a really strong blizzard. We did not turn back. We put on our snow shoes after a couple of slips and slides..hahaha. Now that hurt :) Anyways as we started our adventure we learnt a lot of things especially about the importance of winter. After we headed off into this wonderful blizzard I did not feel cold at all. Despite the strong wind we were definitely bundled up enough..coming from a very warm country I did not feel cold at all.

Sister Fale and I during one of our breaks..thank goodness for breaks.


Towards the middle part of our adventure there was a really strong wind blowing. As everyone else kept trudging along the snow wit this strong gust of wind blowing in our faces i thought to myself " oh no! i probably will get blown off the side of this mountain" Suddenly I felt this sudden fear  in me. I decided to just stand there and wait till the wind died down. Still feeling a little scared i stood there with the winds blowing against me almost throwing me off me feet to the ground. I was almost in the verge of tears when i felt a hand on my shoulders. This beautiful sister...Falepapalangi asked me "hey are you ok?" Little did she know how much that meant to me. Not wanting to show any sign of weakness but also feeling relieved I said I was fine.

As the wind died down a little bit, I decided to follow along with everyone else.. All in a single file everyone was following Ranger Dave. As I was going along 2 thoughts entered my head..the first is that the Lord has paved our way and if we do the things he would want us to do we will be lead on the right path and eventually we will return safely to our Heavenly father. The second was that no matter the winds, storms, the Lord always provides a way for us to safety and he also provides people in our path to lead us to safety!!!
That day I was grateful for the opportunity to have enjoyed the wonderful gift of nature but at the same time learn some of the most important lessons in life.

2 comments:

  1. We tend to get too busy at times to enjoy nature. But when we see it in all its majesty we than realize the power of God in His creations and we are a part of it. Vinaka Vakalevu

    ReplyDelete